An FDA non-surgical treatment that permanently melts away fat under the chin.
- Don’t take any blood thinning medications such as Aleve, Advil, Ibuprofen, Motrin or Aspirin for one week prior to your visit, to reduce the chance of bruising.
- Do not drink alcohol for 5 days prior and 3 days after your procedure, this helps prevent bruising and minimizes swelling.
- Arrive at your appointment with a clean face (no makeup).
- Do not arrive fasting.
- Hydrate yourself beginning 1 day prior to appointment.
- Eat a light snack .
- IF you tend to faint with medical procedures, INFORM provider prior to procedure.
- The injected area(s) can be swollen for up to 2 weeks with the majority of swelling subsiding in 3 days. In some cases, each side may appear uneven or bumpy at first, this will improve. Gentle massage with Arnica gel as instructed will help alleviate this. Do not panic, it’s all normal.
- Apply clean ice pack to area for at least 30 minutes after injections, as explained in post procedure handout.
- DON’T exercise or raise your heart rate for 48 hours after dermal filler procedure.
- DON’T allow any pressure directly on injected sites and no down-face activities such as massage or yoga for 48 hours after dermal fillers.
- When to call us: If you experience extreme or worsening swelling, bruising, pain, redness or blanching (paleness).